Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
My mom got this from her dear friend who always made this dip at her Christmas parties. By far the best Rotel dip out there!
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- Brown breakfast sausage.
- Place hamburger and sausage in crock pot.
- Place rest of ingredients in crock pot.
- Turn on high until cheese is melted.
- Turn back to low and serve.
- Be sure to stir occasionally.
- I estimated the cook time two hours.
I have made this many times, but I added a jar of salsa. I cannot believe know one has tried this, because it is the best recipe. My coworkers beg for this. If you are thinking about making this, do it you will not be sorry.
I usually add an extra can of cream of mushroom soup, so that it's not quite as rich/cheesy. I like mine tamed down just a bit. This is the BEST sauce for many things. I love it on chips and it's also wonderful as a dressing on salads. I often make a taco salad that this goes very well with.
I was a little bit skeptical about the cream of mushroom, but it turned out absolutely wonderful. I was so impressed that I will always make it just like this. My husband enjoyed it very much as well.