Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
My mom got this from her dear friend who always made this dip at her Christmas parties. By far the best Rotel dip out there!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, cooked
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked (Owens regular)
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, with bell peppers
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- Brown breakfast sausage.
- Place hamburger and sausage in crock pot.
- Place rest of ingredients in crock pot.
- Turn on high until cheese is melted.
- Turn back to low and serve.
- Be sure to stir occasionally.
- I estimated the cook time two hours.
I have made this many times, but I added a jar of salsa. I cannot believe know one has tried this, because it is the best recipe. My coworkers beg for this. If you are thinking about making this, do it you will not be sorry.
My family loved this. I usually make this dip with cream cheese and sour cream added but couldn't find my recipe and decided to use this one. Did sub based on what i had on hand. made half batch..used 1lb breakfast sausage, half can cream of mushroom and about 12oz velveeta(8oz queso flavor and 4oz orig) omitted onion and hamburger and added about 1/3cup sour cream....again this is what i had on hand so next time will try as written. Still appreciate the base and the new idea about the cream soup.
I usually add an extra can of cream of mushroom soup, so that it's not quite as rich/cheesy. I like mine tamed down just a bit. This is the BEST sauce for many things. I love it on chips and it's also wonderful as a dressing on salads. I often make a taco salad that this goes very well with.