Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is based on a recipe from Seasoned with the Sun. Another great make ahead meal.
Top Review by Thymestudio
I love chicken enchiladas and these were great....easy to prepare and great Tex/mex taste too!! I used flour tortillas, since that was what I had and added a small can of chili peppers...cause I like it hot....ZWT5
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, extra hot preferred
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- sour cream, and
- jalapeno, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Season cubed chicken with taco seasoning. Saute onion and chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until done. Set aside.
- Soften tortillas in oil and drain well on paper towels. Set aside.
- In food processor add chicken and onion. Pulse two times. Add rotel tomatoes and pulse twice again.
- Dissolve bouillon in milk in microwave.
- Take tortillas and fill generously with chicken mixture along with a little cheddar. Roll up and place in Pam sprayed casserole seam side down.
- Pour milk mixture over all. Top with monterey jack.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If made ahead and refrigerated increase cooking time.
- Top with dollops of sour cream to serve and jalapeno slices.