Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Slight kick, but absolutely delicious
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (approximately 1/2 a block)
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 8 ounces rotel (1 can)
- Melt Velveta with Rotel, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken breasts until done.
- While chicken is boiling, mix cream of mushroom soup , cream of chicken soup, and Minute rice with Velveta and Rotel.
- Dice chicken, add to cheese mixture, and bake for 20 minutes.
4 Stars for good nacho cheese comfort food taste, but the times given do not include time for cooking chicken, and the instructions for cooking the chicken are vague. I used diced chicken breasts I had previously baked for 50 minutes in chicken broth with a lot of chopped garlic and a healthy sprinkling of Emeril's Essence. DH goes wild over this combination. I heated the sauce ingredients in a double boiler. With the leftovers, I may use tortilla chips to scoop it up or serve it with steamed broccoli and water chestnuts for some contrast. Made for November 2008 My 3 Chefs.