Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really love this dish. The Doritos crushed on top is what makes it! It adds a little crunch.
Make and share this Rotel Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) candiced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 -4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (16 ounce) size bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
- Combine soups, rotel and chopped onion in a bowl, stir well.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with pam and layer soup mixture, shredded chicken, grated cheese and crushed Doritos on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until bubbly.
We loved it!
Great recipe. Whole family really liked it. I subbed cream of chicken soup for the cream of onion (none on hand); used only 2 cups of cheddar and just 2 cups of crunched up Doritos. I also seasoned the soup mixture with 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2 tsp taco seasoning. Served it with a side of Vigo yellow rice. Yummy!
I remember my mom making this dish for us way back when! We loved it and I am so happy to have run across it! Can't wait to try it out, I'm sure it will be just as wonderful as I remember. :)