- 1⁄2 lb butter (not margarine)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 large cake yeast
- 2 lbs chopped walnuts
- beaten egg white (I'm assuming the ones used from the dough, but it doesn't specify)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Eggs and shortening Add sugar-gradually Add flour Add sourcream Melt yeast in 1/4 c.
- warm milk-add to mixture.
- Work dough (add flour if tacky) Refrigerate overnight Take out in morning-let sit for 1/2 hour Work dough Cut in 8 or 9 pieces.
- Work them.
- Roll in balls Let rise 1/2 hour-and roll and cut in squares.
- Spread filling over square and then roll like crescents.
- Let raise 1/2 hour after filled Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 Roll in powdered sugar when cool.