Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother-in-law's waffle recipe that my wife adores.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, and oil together.
- Add milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients.
- Mix until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter (still visible patches of eggwhite).
- Pour 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup into waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
Wow! I have never made such light and fluffy waffles before. I added vanilla extract for more flavor but this recipe is fantastic. Thanks for sharing!!!