Recipe by Dana Z
This is an excellent winter salad that is so packed with flavor I was craving it for days after having it! It is a lower fat version of one I encountered on epicuorious. Enjoy!
Top Review by CraftScout
I loved the salad part of this recipe, especially the seasonality of it. But the dressing! Waaaaay to much vinegar. All it tasted like was "tart" even after sitting in the fridge for a night. Thank you for posting.
For the Salad
- 6 -10 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 fuji apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion, chopped
For the Garnish
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted hazelnuts
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, preferably reduced fat
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head shallot, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- For salad, merrily toss the first 3 ingredients into a lovely salad bowl. Then artfully sprinkle the cheese, cherries and nuts on top. Serve with the dressing on the side so everyone can choose how much they like.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and let her rip! Serve on the side of the salad.