rosy due to sweet smoked paprika....just my version of the all american favorite!i do not care for bland mayo only versions so i came up with this...i make this with full fat dressings but you could experiment with the lower fat varieties...
- 8 large potatoes, of your choice peeled,boiled and cooled
- 5 stalks celery hearts, with leaves
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 4 medium sweet gherkins, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (the sour cream type for dipping veggies)
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- place chilled,chopped potatoes,celery,eggs,pickles in a large mixing bowl.
- mix mayo,and salad dressings,in medium mixing bowl.
- add paprika to dressing mix and blend.
- adjust seasonings to dressing---salt,pepper,paprika.
- pour over potatoes and veggies and mix well.
- if salad looks too dry add the dressing of your choice!
This was very good. I had never thought of using ranch dressing before. Thank you for sharing.