Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Yummy jam with peaches, bananas and cherries.
Top Review by Becca The Baker
I am not rating this recipe. I am positive that it has two typos. It calls for 12 cups bananas, but as I see it, three bananas would make about 2 cups. Also on the pectin, it looks like the same typo, so it could be 2 packages of pectin but possibly could be one. Just some ideas.
- 3 1⁄4 cups mashed peaches (about 2 pounds)
- 12 cups bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely-chopped maraschino cherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 (1 3/4 ounce) packages fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peaches, bananas, cherries, lemon juice, and fruit pectin in a large Dutch oven; stir well. Place over high heat and bring to a boil stirring frequently; quickly stir in sugar.
- Once it comes back to a boil, boil for 1 minute or until mixture reaches 220°F on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off surface with a metal spoon.
- Quickly ladle into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/8-inch head space. Cover at once with the lids and screw on bands tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.