Recipe by **Mandy**
I recently purchased some "Rooh-Afza" or Rose Syrup in an Indian Grocers. I found a few recipes for it here on Zaar but this is one I found on a web search at www.nagpuronline.com. It's quite different to any other dessert I've had but tasty. The recipe as written specified 6tsp of cardoman & 3 tblsp rose water but I didn't use anywhere near those amounts so feel free to adjust those 2 ingredients to your tastes
Top Review by *Nabiha*
Yum! This made a lovely dessert. Reminded me of the falooda we eat back home in India. Apart from eating it with ice cream, we sometimes put falooda in our rose or pistachio milkshakes too. Will try the same with this recipe too. Thanks for posting!
- 100 g macaroni
- rose syrup (Rooh-Afza)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 1 -6 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 -3 tablespoon rose water
- pistachios, finely chopped for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni according to the instructions on the packet. Wash, cool and put 2 tablespoons macaroni in each serving glass. Pour a little Rooh Afza on it. Keep it in a refrigerator.
- Beat cream and sugar until it is stiff. Add cardamom powder and rose water. Now pour cream over macaroni. Garnish with pistachios and serve chilled.