Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yum! If you like garlic and cabbage, this is for you! Adapted from Great Good Food cookbook.
Make and share this Rosy Garlic Sauteed Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 12 garlic cloves (you may leave whole or chop coarsely)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, plus (or 1/2 cup vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or 2 tablespoons vegetable broth)
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth; stir, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and cook until all liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly as the last few tablespoons of liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the cabbage; sprinkle with the remaining chicken broth, paprika, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or longer, until cabbage is wilted or to your liking, stirring constantly.
- Move to a serving bowl and serve immediately. Enjoy!
A garlic lover's delight! We were pleased with how low fat this cabbage was while still having lots of flavor. I chopped the garlic and think from now on will only cut the cloves in half. Thanks for the post.
I have always loved fried cabbage and have no idea why I never thought to add garlic to it. My family claims I put garlic in everything LOL. I used thin sliced garlic and prepackaged shredded cabbage. This recipe will be going in the menu planning box and used often.
Went over super well in my house! I omitted all of the stock and just let it cook down in the leftover oil and its own liquids. Will definitely make again!