Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious sweet applesauce. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
Make and share this Rosy Cinnamon-Ginger Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, halve and core apples; cut into 2-inch chunks.
- Place in 5-quart pot with apple cider, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, 25 minutes or until apples are very tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; continue to cook, stirring, until the candies dissolve, about 3 minutes.
- Discard zest.
- Crush with a potato masher until the applesauce is chunky or smooth according to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Calories are for 1/2-cup serving.
Yet again, Lainey, a great recipe! I was going to start out with purchased chunky applesauce & go on from there, but then decided to do it all from scratch, & I'm glad I did! It's not only great eaten plain, but it makes a nice topping for oatmeal AND cottage cheese AND.... Thanks for posting this! [Tagged, made & reviewed for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game]
Oh my! This stuff could be addicting! I used Pink Lady apples (they looked the best at the market), apple cider and fresh ginger. I made 1/4 of the recipe and already regret that decision as I ate most of it for lunch today. Thanks for posting this winner!