"WOW, what did you put in the cake?" that's the question. Yours is the decision to fess up or just smile and look mysterious. In today's world of celebrity chef's and chemical gastronomy anything goes. Here we have a simple but unexpected cake. It's certainly unusual but many things that are different become pleasant surprises. Why not give it a try? you know that you are curious after all. This is a chocolate cake with a little twist
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- 2Add milk, ketchup shortening and vanilla.
- 3Beat at low speed with electric mixer until 'just' combined.
- 4Add the eggs and beat at mediumn speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Spread batter evenly in greased and (if desired - floured) 9x13 baking pan.
- 6Bake in preheated 350degree oven, 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 7Cool and then frost with your favourite chocolate frosting or (when cake is completely cooled off) dust with confectioners sugar.
- 8Chocolate or vanilla frosting is recommended.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosy As a Poesy Cake
Serving Size: 1 (905 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2443.1
- Calories from Fat 1184
- Total Fat 131.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 406.1 mg
- Sodium 3976.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.8 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 59.7 g