Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Grate potatoes.
- Brown sausage in a non-stick skillet until no pink is left, (not until crunchy) Drain grease from sausage.
- Add grated potatoes to sausage in hot skillet.
- Cook and turn regularly on medium to high heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Salt liberally, add pepper if desired.
- Dice one or two onions.
- Add to mixture.
- Continue to turn and brown for 15 minutes, flattening into the skillet.
- Traditional Swiss rosti is served as a big flat brown cake on a round plate.
- To serve, invert a plate on top of potatoes in skillet, then turn the skillet upside down.
Very good. I also added worcestershire sauce which gave it a real kick.