Prep4 hrs 25 mins
Flavoured with onion and packed with mushrooms, serve this crispy potato dish with grilled chops or steaks. Preparation time includes 4 hour chilling time. Recipe from Foodland Ontario Good Things Grow in Ontario
- In saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender yet still firm in centre (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and cool; peel and refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter and cook onion & mushrooms until lightly browned.
- Transfer to bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Grate potatoes into large bowl; add mushroom mixture, rosemary and salt & pepper to taste.
- In 8 inch nonstick skillet, heat about 1 tbsp of remaining butter and 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; press half the potato mixture evenly over skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook until underside is golden (5 to 7 minutes); invert onto plate.
- Heat about 1 tbsp butter in skillet; slide uncooked side of rosti into skillet; cook until golden (5 to 7 minutes).
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Garnish with parsley.
We enjoyed the addition of the onions and mushrooms to this version of rosti! I used baby bella mushrooms and rosemary. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 36
This was a nice rosti. I halved the recipe and used both rosemary and thyme. Although I like rosemary, I would use less next time because I felt it overwhelmed the other flavors a little bit. This was really good. Thanks Dreamer for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.
Liked the mushrooms and onions in this rosti! The rosemary could be reduced, and I think it would be okay with dried rosemary. Made for Best of 2013 tag, based on Debbwl's recommendation.