Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy rosti meal- great for breakfast or an easy dinner. Easily made gluten-free suitable by using gluten-free flour or rice flour instead of wheat flour. Timing is the key- you want the poached eggs to be ready when the rosti is done. A good recipe to serve for brunch or to gluten-free friends without having to buy expensive gluten-free ingredients
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50 g plain flour or 50 g gluten-free blended flour or 50 g rice brown rice flour
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Oil for frying
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 colby cheese slices or 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 6 poached eggs
- fresh ground black pepper, extra, to taste
- Mix the grated potato, egg, flour, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and seasonings.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan and cook patties until crisp and golden. Flip over to cook both sides.
- When cooked top each rosti with a slice of cheese. Cover the pan with a lid or tightly fitting aluminium foil and cook until the cheese just begins to melt.
- Place rosti onto warmed plates.
- Add garlic and spinach to the frypan and cook for 30 seconds until wilted.
- Season the wilted spinach with salt and peper to taste.
- To serve, top each rosti with wilted spinach and a poached egg, then season with black pepper.
Very tasty, and a great presentation for the rosti! I used the rice flour and Swiss cheese options. We very much enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7