Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Sweet roasted onion filled with crispy rosti, bliss!
- 4 large onions, sliced into quarters, keeping root intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 25 g butter
- 75 g vegetarian gruyere cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Place the onions on a baking tray, brush with olive oil, season, then cook for about 1 hr until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the potato and carrot together, then stir in the mustard and seasoning. Divide the mixture between the onions, then dot the top of each one with a little butter.
- Return the onions to the oven and cook for 15 mins until they are tender. Sprinkle with the cheese, then cook for a further 5 mins until the topping is golden and bubbling.