Recipe by **Jubes**
An all time favourite from Switzerland. Easily made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour and ensuring that any herbs or seasonings used are also gluten-free . You can also add in some grated carrot, zucchini or cheese if you wish
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour or 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour (use a fine milled flour) or 1⁄4 cup blended gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate potatoes. Place the grated potatoes into a clean kitchen tea-towel and gently squeeze them to remove any excess moisture from the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat vegetable oil (or other oil of your choice) in a large pan or skillet over a medium to high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture in to the hot oil. Check one first and if the mixture does not hold shape -- blend in some extra flour to the remaining mixture.
- Cook approx 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. When cooked the rosti should be golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.