1/1 Photo of Rostbraten Mit Pilzfulle (Beef Roast With Mushroom Stuffing)
1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe but I've had it for years. It's a really nice entree and we love to serve it with German potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Lightly salt and pepper flank steak.
- 2Spread one side with mustard.
- 3To prepare stuffing, heat vegetable oil in a frypan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 4Add mushroom pieces; cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley, chives, tomato paste, and bread crumbs.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- 7Spread stuffing on mustard side of the flank steak, roll up jelly-roll fashion and tie with thread or string.
- 8To prepare gravy, cook bacon in a Dutch oven until partially done.
- 9Add the meat roll and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes.
- 10Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- 11Pour in the beef broth, cover Dutch oven, and simmer for 1 hour.
- 12Remove meat to a preheated platter.
- 13Season pan juices with mustard.
- 14Salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup.
- 15Serve the gravy separately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rostbraten Mit Pilzfulle (Beef Roast With Mushroom Stuffing)
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 728.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 36.3 g