Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my stepmom. Beer cheese is a tradition in Kentucky with some of the most famous brands coming from the Central Kentucky region. This recipe is no exception. It uses velveeta unlike the traditional recipe I am use to, but it is much easier than having to blend it forever in the food processor or blender. A must have for any Derby party or tailgate! Serve with crackers, veggies, or potato chips.
- 907.18 g Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 226.79 g beer
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan.
- Melt cheese & stir over medium heat until everything is smooth & combined.
- Put into containers with lids & put in fridge until cold all the way through (may freeze for later use).
- Add extra mayo for a creamier result.
- Add extra Tabasco sauce if you like it really hot.
- Enjoy with cut up veggies, pretzels, chips, crackers, etc.