Recipe by AbsurdBookNerd
This recipe comes from my stepmom. Beer cheese is a tradition in Kentucky with some of the most famous brands coming from the Central Kentucky region. This recipe is no exception. It uses velveeta unlike the traditional recipe I am use to, but it is much easier than having to blend it forever in the food processor or blender. A must have for any Derby party or tailgate! Serve with crackers, veggies, or potato chips.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan.
- Melt cheese & stir over medium heat until everything is smooth & combined.
- Put into containers with lids & put in fridge until cold all the way through (may freeze for later use).
- Add extra mayo for a creamier result.
- Add extra Tabasco sauce if you like it really hot.
- Enjoy with cut up veggies, pretzels, chips, crackers, etc.