Recipe by papergoddess
My Grandma was Slovenian and always made these at Christmas. Now I make them, too. My kids always ask for them, and it's nice to have some traditional recipes with a family history.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 6 cups flour
- 1 lb ground walnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream cheese, butter, and flour.
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll cold dough on cloth sprinkled with powdered sugar until VERY thin.
- Cut into triangle shapes, about 3 inches at the base.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place a teaspoon of filling at base of triangle, then roll toward the point.
- Shape into a crescent on an insulated cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 375F for 15-20 minutes.
- Watch closely so they don't burn.