Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a friend of a friend. Rosie is Italian and she knows her Tiramisu. This is her favourite, and I have to agree it's now become one of our family favourites. Best to make it a day ahead so the flavours can meld together. Time is est. and does not include refrigeration time.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 250 g mascarpone or 250 g cream cheese
- 1 liter Cool Whip (large container)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong coffee (or 6 espresso's)
- 1 ounce Kahlua (to taste,can also use Bailey's or Amaretto)
- 1 (500 g) packagesavoiardi lady finger cookies
- unsweetened cocoa
- Beat the 3 eggs with 3/4 cup sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the mascarpone cheese until mixed.
- Fold in Cool Whip; set this aside.
- In another bowl mix the espresso coffee with the liqueur.
- Take each lady finger cookie, one at a time, and dip it into the coffee mixture on both sides and then layer the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass pan.
- Pour one half of the cream mixture over top of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle cocoa on top.
- Make another layer of dipped ladyfingers on top of the cream mixture.
- Pour the rest of the cream mixture over this second layer of ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.