Need I say more? This came from Rosie's Cookie Book by Judy Rosenberg & thatsmyhome.com/hannah's/brownies/rosies-brownies.html. This is a slightly different variation! Haven't allowed for different cooling times in the recipe - which is about two and half hours. These are nice and rich, cut in smaller pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup unsalted margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted margarine, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Buttercream Chocolate Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly butter a 9" square baking dish.
- 3Melt chocolate and butter in microwave or in top of double boiler over simmering water.
- 4Let mixture cool 5 minutes.
- 5Place sugars in medium size bowl, and pour in chocolate mixture.
- 6Mix on medium speed until blended, then scrape bowl.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8With mixer on medium low, add eggs one at a time and blend well after each addition.
- 9Scrape bowl and then add flour, mixing on low for 20 seconds.
- 10Stir in nuts by hand.
- 11Spread batter evenly into pan.
- 12Bake for 35 minutes or just until center has risen level to sides and tester in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- 13Remove from pan to cool 1 hour.
- 14Variation: can bake in 8" pan by reducing heat to 325F and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 15Peanut Butter Topping:.
- 16Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- 17Spread evenly over brownies and freeze for 1 hour.
- 19Melt chocolate in microwave, then stir in light corn syrup.
- 20Let cool 10 minutes, then spread buttercream on peanut butter layer.
- 21Refrigerate pan and let chcoclate harden 30 minutes.
- 22Then cut and serve with a nice cold glass of milk!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosie's Peanut Butter Topped Brownie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 68.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g