Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from a well-known local bakery (Rosie's) and was recently published in the food section of our local newspaper. Prep time is approximate and includes cooling time, and cook time includes the first melting step. This recipe is made in 2-stages (the brownie and the cheesecake) and is indicated in the recipe below.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter (see note)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb cream cheese (cold)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly greas 9" pan or line with parchment paper.
- FOR THE BROWNIE.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double broiler and allow to cool.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 3 whole eggs in mixing bowl until pale yellow for 2 minutes.
- Add flour at low speed for 5 seconds.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture at low speed and blend until mixed for 15 seconds.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE;.
- Place cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 whole egg, 1 large egg yolk and lemon juice in food processor and process until smooth, 1 minute.
- Remove pan from freezer and spoon cheesecake mixture over brownie mixture using a spatula.
- DO NOT mix the two together.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven about 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes until top is set and center is just about level with edges.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut in pan with a sharp knife dipped in hot water before each cut.
- Refrigerate in pan covered with plastic wrap for up to two days.
- After that, layer them in airtight plastic containers for another two days in refrigerator or up to two weeks in freezer.
- Note: The butter amount was inadvertently omitted from the recipe when published. Other similiar recipes indicate the amount I posted is correct.
I made these brownies and , the area 5 star desert. loved them kirt