Recipe by cookiedog
This is great for a weekend breakfast or brunch.If you want to spice it up a bit try adding jalapeño jack cheese. Recipe courtesy of The Gosby House Inn.
Top Review by rosslare
Delicious! I halved the recipe and actually prepared it on the hob in a frying pan, on a low gas flame and it turned out perfect, with a little brown crust! I just poked the center with a fork to see if it was done yet.
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the eggs, butter, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in cheeses and chilies. Pour into well-greased quiche pan.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice a tomato and place on top. Return to oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F, bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.