Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great friend and excellent cook gave me this Authentic recipe. I also use low sodium soy sauce, the original recipe does not though.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and divided
- 1 medium tomatoes, Chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml peppercorn
- 453.59 g pork, cut into cubes ((or more)
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml soy sauce (low sodium is best)
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 453.59 g boneless chicken thighs ((or more)
- Saute onion, tomato,garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns in oil til onions are soft.
- Add Pork.
- Pour vinegar and soy sauce over the top and bring to a boil then simmer about 30 minute covered.
- Add Chicken and layer remaining onions on top.
- Simmer until chicken is done.
This was simple and quick to make - always good! I liked this the more I ate it, but found the sauce much saltier then I prefer even with the low sodium soy; I avoided eating the skin and sauce for this reason. I had used up my pork on another dish so this was all chicken. Thanks Elaniemay for sharing, it's alway nice to try something different! Made for ZWT 6 by one of the Unrulies Under the Influence.
This excellent! The pork and chicken were very moist. The adobo sauce is delicious. The seasonings are perfect. Definitely one of my favorite recipes on ZWT 6.
Great recipe! I followed this as written using regular soy sauce. After cooking the chicken for 30 minutes I replaced it under the broiler to brown for a few minutes. We did not find it salty at all. It was perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.