Recipe by Elaniemay
A great friend and excellent cook gave me this Authentic recipe. I also use low sodium soy sauce, the original recipe does not though.
Top Review by momaphet
This was simple and quick to make - always good! I liked this the more I ate it, but found the sauce much saltier then I prefer even with the low sodium soy; I avoided eating the skin and sauce for this reason. I had used up my pork on another dish so this was all chicken. Thanks Elaniemay for sharing, it's alway nice to try something different! Made for ZWT 6 by one of the Unrulies Under the Influence.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and divided
- 1 medium tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 lb pork, cut into cubes ((or more)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (low sodium is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs ((or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, tomato,garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns in oil til onions are soft.
- Add Pork.
- Pour vinegar and soy sauce over the top and bring to a boil then simmer about 30 minute covered.
- Add Chicken and layer remaining onions on top.
- Simmer until chicken is done.