Connie K's Note:
From the book 'Rosie's Bakery All-Butter Fresh Cream Sugar-Packed No Holds Barred Baking Book'. You can stop at one point in the recipe for Rosie's Award-Winning Brownies, or frost them to get her Chocolate Orgasms. Prep-time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350F; Lightly grease and 8-inch square pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- 2Melt the 3 1/2 ounces of chocolate and 12 T butter in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water; Cool the mixture for 5 minutes; Place 1 1/2 cups sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour in the chocolate mixture; Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until blended, about 25 seconds; Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 3Add the vanilla; With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition until the yolk is broken and dispersed, about 10 seconds; Scrape the bowl after the last egg and blend until velvety, about 15 more seconds.
- 4Add the flour on low speed and mix for 20 seconds; finish the mixing by hand, being certain to mix in any flour at the bottom of the bowl; Stir in 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- 5Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 2 T of nuts over the top.
- 6Bake the brownies on the center oven rack until a thin crust forms on top and a tester inserted in the center comes out with a moist crumb, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a rack to cool for 1 hour before cutting the brownies; Serve the next day (it takes a day for the flavor to set) and don't forget the tall glass of milk.
- 8For the Chocolate Orgasms, do not cut the brownies, but allow them to cool completely.
- 9The prepare the frosting, melt the 1 1/2 ounces of chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water.
- 10Pour the evaporated milk into an electric blender and add the sugar and the melted chocolate; Blend the frosting on medium-low speed until it thickens, about 50 seconds (the sound of the machine will change when this process occurs).
- 11Using a frosting spatula, spread the frosting evenly over the surface of the cooled brownies and allow them to sit for 1 hour before cutting.
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosie's Bakery Brownies/chocolate Orgasms
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g