Wonderful dessert for the hot summer months! This recipe was first enjoyed by Mughal emperors in the 16th century!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the kulfi
- 4 cups full-cream milk
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron, crushed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 green cardamoms, crushed
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely sliced
For the falooda
- 1To prepare the kulfi, boil milk over medium flame until reduced to half.
- 2Add saffron to the milk while it is boiling.
- 3Add sugar.
- 4Boil for the next 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add cardamom and nuts.
- 7Divide the mixture between 4 kulfi moulds.
- 8Freeze until set.
- 9Now, prepare the falooda.
- 10For this, mix the cornflour with a little water.
- 11Cook over low flame, stirring constantly, until transparent.
- 12If needed, add some more water.
- 13Push the mixture through a fine metal colander with the back of a spoon, into a bowl of chilled water.
- 14Refrigerate until it's time to serve this dessert.
- 15Garnish the kulfi with the falooda and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roshan Di Kesar Pista Kulfi
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: