Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful dessert for the hot summer months! This recipe was first enjoyed by Mughal emperors in the 16th century!
- To prepare the kulfi, boil milk over medium flame until reduced to half.
- Add saffron to the milk while it is boiling.
- Add sugar.
- Boil for the next 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cardamom and nuts.
- Divide the mixture between 4 kulfi moulds.
- Freeze until set.
- Now, prepare the falooda.
- For this, mix the cornflour with a little water.
- Cook over low flame, stirring constantly, until transparent.
- If needed, add some more water.
- Push the mixture through a fine metal colander with the back of a spoon, into a bowl of chilled water.
- Refrigerate until it's time to serve this dessert.
- Garnish the kulfi with the falooda and serve.