Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Rosh Hashanah Honey Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄3 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 8x4 inch Baking Pans and set aside.
- Combine coffee and hot water, stirring until dissolved; set aside.
- Combine eggs, honey, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in dissolved coffee, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into pans, filling ech halfway.
- Bake for 45 min or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn off oven; leave cake in oven for 10 min to gradually cool (prevents cake form falling).
- Remove cake from pans and allow to completely cool.