Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bella ! A tomato based, spicy, sweet and sour version.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a 1 quart container with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake covered container until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove 10 minutes before serving, strain if you prefer a smoother dressing.
This was great. I did use Splenda instead of the sugar, and No Salt for the salt. It tasted better than store bought and I did not have to feel guilty. Thanks Lorac!
I halved this recipe and I like the fact that it's not too sweet. I enjoyed it over a spinach salad. Thanks Carol!