My mother got this recipe from Rose, her neighbor, who is now deceased. This was a wonderful way to use up all those green tomatoes instead of letting the frost get them. The amount of jars you get from this is only an educated guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Green Tomato Pickles
- 1Mix together in crock 2 cups household lime and 2 gallons water.
- 2Add sliced tomatoes and onions.
- 3Soak 24 hours.
- 4Stir often.
- 5Drain lime solution and wash pickles until clean.
- 6Add 2 quarts vinegar, 8 cups sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- 7In a cloth put pickling spice and 1 teaspoon celery seed and tie this up.
- 8Put in with your pickles.
- 9Let stand overnight.
- 10Boil hard 35 minutes.
- 11Can in hot sterilized jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose's Green Tomato Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (7576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 955.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 220.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: