Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My fiesta table isn't complete without my lumpias.....always a family favorite.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup uncooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 3 dashes sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, adjust according to your taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 25 lumpia skins, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; except the cornstarch and water. Mix until well blended and everything is evenly distributed. On each lumpia wrapper, place some of the filling and wrap into thin rolls. Seal the lumpias using the mixture of cornstarch and water. Set aside, seam side down, and continue rolling the rest. Be sure to cover the unrolled wrappers as they tend to dry out.
- At this stage, you can wrap the lumpias tightly and place in freezer for future use.
- If cooking right away, heat the oil. Fry each roll until golden and crisp on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with your favorite sauce.
- TIP: When draining lumpias on paper towel, DO NOT lay them down, drain them standing lenthwise and not on top of each other. This helps them to stay crisp and not soggy.