1 hr 30 mins
A Chamorro favorite, especially at fiestas and barbeques!! Similar to a tangy grilled chicken salad; but with no mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens, split in half
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, adjust according to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 -4 habanero peppers, chopped, adjust to your taste
- 3/4 cup freshly grated coconut meat, NOT THE SWEET BAKING KIND (optional)
- 1Prepare the bbq grill, either gas or charcoal. Lightly salt the split chicken. Grill the chicken until just done; do not overcook! Set aside to cool completely. Debone the chicken and then chop coarsely.
- 2Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Adjust lemon juice and salt according to your taste. This can be eaten right away with warm corn tortillas. This dish is typically served as a side dish at chamorro fiestas and barbeques.
- 3The traditional way adds fresh shredded coconut (NOT the baking kind). I prefer not to add it just for personal taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose's Chamorro Chicken Kelaguen
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 878.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g