Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another variation on the tradional Chamorro estufao.
Make and share this Rose's Baby Back Ribs Estufao recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs baby back ribs, cut into individual riblets
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- Season the ribs liberally with kosher salt, then place the ribs in single layer in a large baking dish.
- Combine the peppercorns and garlic in a small bowl and mash together with a spoon to form a coarse paste. Rub the pepper and garlic paste onto the ribs.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves and jalapeno. Pour this mixture over the ribs, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning ribs halfway through marinating.
- When ribs are ready to cook, transfer the ribs and marinade to a large heavy pan. Bring the mixture and the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Serve over steamed rice.