Recipe by ChamoritaMomma
This was a concoction of leftover ingredients I had in my fridge. It's a light but satisfying meal. It's become a huge hit in our home.....friends request the recipe often.
Top Review by invictus
This is really good! I used Caesar dressing but think it would be really good with creamy italian as well. This makes a lot of food so I have quite a bit of leftovers but that's okay because it will make a wonderful brownbag lunch for me. Thanks so much for the recipe! UPDATED! I have been eating the leftovers for lunch and I am in love with this recipe. The flavors have combined so well together after sitting in the fridge for a few days. It is all gone and I will be making more this weekend.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked aldente
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 4 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (Zesty Italian) or 1 (8 ounce) bottle caesar salad dressing (Paul Newman brand)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup snow peas (I usually grab a handful)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the julienned carrots, broccoli and handful of snow peas. Cook just until the chicken is done but vegetables are tender and still somewhat crisp.
- Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, sour cream and salad dressing, stir until well incorporated. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine well. Add the cooked vegetable/chicken mixture and continue tossing.
- Serve immediately, this is best served warm. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This recipe can be easily adjusted according to ones tastes.