Recipe by pammyowl
A traditional cookie,but so yummy!
Top Review by Satyne
These were delightful and a wee bit decadent. I used some homemade apple pie jam for the filling. Made for your cookathon, may you rest in peace and always bring joy to the hearts of those who loved and knew you. P.s The flowers are for you, the cookies are for me :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup any flavor fruit jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2-inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the cookie dough.