Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A traditional cookie,but so yummy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup any flavor fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2-inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the cookie dough.
These were delightful and a wee bit decadent. I used some homemade apple pie jam for the filling. Made for your cookathon, may you rest in peace and always bring joy to the hearts of those who loved and knew you. P.s The flowers are for you, the cookies are for me :)
Just like my Swedish gramma used to make! I have always been partial to these cookies, but never make them for some reason. I will now though. They're really very easy. So easy in fact, that my 7 year old DD actually made them. The only thing I did was put in small dollops of jam and bake the pans. I used boysenberry jam and Pammy's Microwave Berry Jam, which was just a little too watery to stay within the thumbprints. Made and enjoyed in Pammy's honor. We'll miss you.