- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup any flavor fruit jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2 inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.