Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Melt in your mouth Swedish thumbprint cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup any flavor fruit jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour, and mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on cookie sheets. Imprint your thumb in the center to make a 1/2 inch indentation. Fill with your favorite preserves.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
I made them. They came out a lil hard but still amazing.
So good and easy. Made as posted with seedless raspberry jam. YUM! Thanks for posting Crafty. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~2010
What a great, traditional cookie recipe! I made this for a couple of friends today to get them into the holiday mood and they really enjoyed these classic cookies! :)
I made half the recipe which gave me 17 big cookies that spread out quite a bit during baking.
For the jam I used wild blueberry and in half of the cookies strawberry-guave. Both were received well and looked very pretty.
Your directions were easy to follow and the baking time spot on. I think Ill add this simple yet elegant and tasty recipe to my cookie routine. It surely is a winner!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Crafty Lady!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #46 November 2010.