This is my own recipe and a family favorite. We take it camping and enjoy taking it to pot lucks as well. Hope you have all found a new family favorite of you own enjoy seeing your variations.
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix or 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick, clone
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water (Enough to make drop dumplings or form a sticky ball)
Sauce and Toppings
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pizza sauce or 2 cups homemade pizza sauce
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, depending on how much cheese you like
- pizza toppings, of your choice (precook and drain any raw meats)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the crock then put about one quarter of your pizza sauce on the bottom of the crock.
- Mix up your crust and spread on top of the sauce to almost touch the sides then cover with the remaining sauce and coat it all over so it sort of swims in the sauce like a giant soft dumpling.
- Top with cheese and your chosen meat and veggies, cover and cook on high for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Turned out great! I used a can of biscuits instead of bisquick. Turned out very fluffy and moist.
Terrific recipe! Easy, inexpensive and tasty. I had no idea you could pull off pizza in a slow cooker! I kept it simple with just cheese, but next time I'll definitely try some toppings. The only catch: it's a bit tricky to serve. Next time, I'll wait until it's cooled off for at least 15 minutes before attempting to slice up.
This recipe is brilliant! I never would have thought to toss these ingredients into the crock pot. Made my life very easy today! Next time I'd like to try a denser biscuit center by adding less water to the dough. Thanks so much for sharing!