Recipe by JessD
Great for entertaining as they can be made in advance, refrigerated for a few days and re-heat really well. Also fabulous for hiding vegies in to give to the kids, they just love them. The "flavour" (Onion, Bacon) ingredients can be substituted for just about anything. (eg. Tomato and Spinach or Salmon and Chives) and My Sewing teacher gave me this recipe a year ago, I use it all the time.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made this for an appetizer when we had drop in company and they are so good and so adaptable to what ever you like in them. I added pancetta, parmesan, red pepper for color and jalapeno. Yum. Another nice feature is how well the freeze so you can have them ready whenever company stops in
- 2 sheets puff pastry (ready made)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, diced (fat removed)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (don't just give them a stern talking to!)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a greased muffin tin with circles of pastry (I use the top of a glass to cut out a round).
- Saute onion and Bacon or microwave med/high 3 minutes.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, season to taste.
- Spoon mixture into pastry hollows Bake 20 mins 180C/ 350°F.