Recipe by Pellerin
My mother - God rest her soul - was a cheese-freak. It's genetic, I think. When I remember my mother's dinners, this is the first taste/smell I think of - this magnificent bleu cheese dressing. --Thanks Mom. xxoo Angela
Top Review by iris5555
An interesting blend of flavors. I was a little skeptical about adding so much onion powder, so I halved the amount and found that to be plenty for me. I also added some white vinegar and Tabasco for some extra tanginess. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (BEST FOODS aka "Hellmans" east of the Mississippi)
- 2 cups fresh buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese (or more to taste, crumbled, try Rogue Creamery's Bleu Vein or Oregonzola)
- 2 tablespoons mild feta cheese (crumbled, or to taste. Use plain, not seasoned or in oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated Parmegiano Reggiano, if you have it, just, please, not that stuff in a shaker can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together and place in a sealed container in the refrigerator at least one - preferably two - days before serving. Stir well before serving.
- To turn this into a dip, just add more parmesan! (That's pretty much my standard rule of thumb to improve ANY recipe).