Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My girlfriend Rosemary gave me this wonderfully simple but delicious appetizer. One of my nephews requests them for dinner. Wonderful for parties.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed small
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds
- Fry ground beef and sausage until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Add cubed Velveeta and stir until well combined.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonsful onto slice of party rye.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in very low oven.
These are one of my favorite appetizers!When I was a teenager, my friends and I would make some of these(because we could'nt wait for a party)and just make big sandwiches out of them! Then take a nap because we would be soooo full! Also, when I make these for work, I throw them in the crock pot so they stay nice and warm.
These are a new favorite among my friends. Everyone of them asked for the recipe. I put mine in the oven and broiled them for just a few minutes, until the tops get brown and the bread gets a little crispy. These have already been requested for my next gathering!!! Thanks, they were a hit!
I love these! They are so great when entertaining. I put mine in the oven so that the bread toasts. Very tasty!