Recipe by Trudy47
My cousin got this from the Fort Worth Telegram/ newspaper in the 50's or 60's. We have made it for ALL family dinners since then. We love it, simple, easy, and delicious! We don't use the one with the canned onion rings on top, the cheese is better! You could use various types of cheese as long as they melt easily. We also like alot of cheese. This is very easy to increase. Time varies according to how much you increase recipe and oven temp. or microwave. Just heat until bubbly in the center and cheese is melted without burning. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
- 2 cans blue lake green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1 (6 ounce) package American cheese, slices or grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain green beans and place in casserole dish.
- Spread mushroom soup over green beans.
- Place slices or grated cheese over the soup.
- Bake at 300 to 350 degree F.
- oven until bubbly in the center.
- Be careful and don't burn the cheese.
- Can also be cooked in the microwave by heating the beans and soup together until warm and then putting the cheese on top or all mixed together if you want to.