Recipe by designerchef in Chicagoland, Illinois
Oh my gosh, these are delicious and so tasty and so easy to make. My sister made these to go with Parmesan crusted chicken and I could not stop eating them!! The recipe is from CDKitchen. Much healthier for you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 medium yams
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary (chop the rosemary into smaller pieces if children will shy away from eating the rosemary)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees and line a few baking sheets with foil for easy clean up.
- Wash the yams and cut them into wedge-like pieces, lengthwise. Put the wedges into a mixture of the olive oil, salt, butter and rosemary. Bake the wedges for 25-30 minutes and then flip wedges over and bake for another 25-30 minutes. They are ready when "the edges of the wedges" have shriveled and browned on the edges some. The yams' sugar seeps out of the yams and caramelizes naturally when ready.
- I suggest making a double batch as you will be surprised how fast these get eaten!