Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oh my gosh, these are delicious and so tasty and so easy to make. My sister made these to go with Parmesan crusted chicken and I could not stop eating them!! The recipe is from CDKitchen. Much healthier for you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 medium yams
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary (chop the rosemary into smaller pieces if children will shy away from eating the rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees and line a few baking sheets with foil for easy clean up.
- Wash the yams and cut them into wedge-like pieces, lengthwise. Put the wedges into a mixture of the olive oil, salt, butter and rosemary. Bake the wedges for 25-30 minutes and then flip wedges over and bake for another 25-30 minutes. They are ready when "the edges of the wedges" have shriveled and browned on the edges some. The yams' sugar seeps out of the yams and caramelizes naturally when ready.
- I suggest making a double batch as you will be surprised how fast these get eaten!
I made several yam fries recipes from this website, and this was my favorite! Thanks for sharing!
These turned out great! I only wish that I had doubled the recipe (as suggested) because they went quick!