Cook1 hr 50 mins
from Tom Douglas's book, and I love it. How can something so simple taste so wonderful.
Make and share this Rosemary White Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Cover the beans with cold water and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- They will double in size so use a lot of water.
- Heat the bacon in a large pot over medium heat, until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken stock and water til simmering.
- Drain beans of their water and add to pot.
- Cook on medium heat until soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- There will be just enough liquid in the pot so it is frothy-- if necessary turn up the heat to reduce the liquid.
- Stir in the rosemary and butter, and season to taste before serving.