1/5 Photos of Rosemary White Beans
25 hrs 50 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Gay Gilmore's Note:
from Tom Douglas's book, and I love it. How can something so simple taste so wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the beans with cold water and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2They will double in size so use a lot of water.
- 3Heat the bacon in a large pot over medium heat, until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- 4Add the onions and cook 8-10 minutes until soft.
- 5Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 6Then add the chicken stock and water til simmering.
- 7Drain beans of their water and add to pot.
- 8Cook on medium heat until soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9There will be just enough liquid in the pot so it is frothy-- if necessary turn up the heat to reduce the liquid.
- 10Stir in the rosemary and butter, and season to taste before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 297.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g