Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Can you ever have too much rosemary? Wonderful with lamb, potatoes, fresh greens, etc. Cook time is standing time for fresh rosemary. (If using dried rosemary, prepare at least a day ahead to allow the flavors to mix more fully.)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover and let stand at least 3 hrs.
- Strain out garlic clove and dried rosemary; serve.