Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these as a vegetable dish to go with the “Non-spicy Thai coconut chicken” I made up. My family really enjoyed the meal. It is all flavoured with rosemary—a favorite of ours with chicken :) I always thought vegetables were boring, but a friend of mine is teaching me how to make them tasty. So this is my first try. Enjoy! (The cooking time includes 20 minutes in the marinade and 10 minutes to cook.)
- rosemary sprig
- 6 skewers, at least
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes (maybe more or less)
- 6 large mushrooms
- Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, brown sugar (to taste), lemon juice (very little) and rosemary. Make as much as you would like and taste it to your preference.
- Cut up vegetables into large pieces.
- If using rosemary sprigs as skewers than take all the leaves off except a few at the top.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers or sprigs.
- Soak in marinade for 20 or more minutes.
- Barbeque or broil in oven until done, brushing on marinade with a pastry brush.
- Serve with rice.
- You could add on chicken also if you want, but I’m not sure how to cook it.