Absolutely delicious! I often have requests from friends to make this pasta salad at cook outs, etc. This recipe is adapted from Southern Living.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped (I eyeball this and use 3 or 4 sprigs of Rosemary, you can also use dried Rosemary but it won't taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen cheese tortellini (can sub with one 20 oz package refrigerated tortellini)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut to 1/4-inch dice
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- While tortellini cooks, cut tomatoes, rosemary, and onion; set aside.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, and olive oil in small bowl; whisk to emulsify.
- Toss pasta, tomato/rosemary/onion, and vinegar mixture in large bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving.